By: KC Canlas
1. 3,160 tons of water flows over Niagara Falls every second.
2. Frederick Law Olmsted designed the Niagara Falls State Park, the same guy who designed Central Park in New York City.
3. It is the oldest state part in the USA. It was established in 1885 as the Niagara Reservation. More than 8 million people visit the park every year.
4. The vertical height of the falls is 176 feet.
5. The birth of Niagara Falls can be traced back more than 12,000 years to the end of the last glacial period.
6. Despite myths, the falls does not freeze in the winter. However, the trickle of the water is significantly reduced due to an ice jam upstream in the Niagara River.
7. One of the oldest surviving US flags is permanently located at the Old Fort Niagara.