U.S.: (508) 838-4058
1. Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your Pure World experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including when you:
- Place an order
- Subscribe to Pure World promotional emails
- Apply for a job
- Participate in a Pure World Adventure
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest
- Join our mailing list
- Take a survey
- Contact customer service.
Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Information about gift recipients (if sending an order to someone other than yourself)
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us.
Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and pixel tags, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browsing history
- Purchase history
- Device location.
To provide you with the best possible experience and ensure our information is accurate, we may combine the details you share and the details we receive when you visit us online with data that is made available by third parties. Examples may include address, demographics, preferences, and other information from Pure World’s credit card issuer and data partners.
It’s necessary for us to collect certain information to allow you to place orders and enjoy many Pure World features and services including:
- Order status updates & tracking
- Reserving products at a store
- Writing product reviews
- Saving your purchase history
- Receiving information about products you’ve purchased (for example, in the case of a recall)
- Managing your online account (such as saving your wish list)
- Receiving catalogs, promotional emails, and notifications of upcoming events
- Viewing advertisements that may be of interest to you
We also use this information to continually improve your experiences, from making our website easier to use to enhancing our products and customer service.
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Name and address verification
- Email distribution
- Surveys & market research
- Advertising & promotions
- Fraud protection & investigation
- Payment processing
- Advertising on third party platforms (which may combine the information we share with information already in their possession, and offer you choices about which ads you see). These third parties have privacy policies of their own that apply to your use of their platforms.
- Partnering with third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you. To learn about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, click here.
- Sharing your information with other companies, via cooperative database, whose products or services may be of interest to you. Pursuant to the California Shine the Light law, if you do not want your personal information shared with other companies for marketing purposes, you may opt-out by emailing us.
There are other rare occasions when we may be required to share specific information:
- Upon the government’s request, in response to a court order, when we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or where otherwise permitted by law.
- In connection with any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our company or assets. If another company acquires our company or assets, that company may possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the consents and responsibilities regarding your personal information.
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using "cookies" and other tools such as "pixels tags."
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at llbean.com
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Pure World
- Deliver personalized marketing from Pure World
- Apply the preferences you’ve chosen.
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use pixel tags – a short snippet of code – to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you’re most interested in. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
We also contract with other companies to publish Pure World ads across the internet. These companies collect information about your visits to our website and share advertisements for products you’re most likely to be interested in. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – technology used by most websites.
5. Privacy of Children
We’re committed to protecting the rights of children. Our website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that a child younger than 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us so we can help.
6. Links to Other Websites
Occasionally we link to other websites, including nonprofits that we support. These sites have their own privacy and security policies. If you choose to navigate to another website through our links, we encourage you to review their policies.
7. Information Security
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and processes. For example, we use encryption or hashing when receiving or transmitting your information.
8. Policy Changes
9. Canadian Residents
If you are resident of Canada and you would like to take advantage of any of your rights under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) please contact us.
- We will only collect your information from non-essential cookies with your consent.
- We will only use the information you provide to us (ex. details you share when placing an order) for marketing purposes with your consent.
- If you wish to take advantage of any of your rights related to the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), such as the Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the "Right to be Forgotten"), please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you.
- If you feel we haven’t appropriately responded to your request related to the GDPR, please contact us directly.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information.
You have the right to opt-out of L.L.Bean’s sale of your personal information.
You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by Pure World. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we’ll be unable provide you with a record of your purchases.
You have the right to request that Pure World disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell (does not apply if requested more than twice in a 12-month period), including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
In order to protect your information from unauthorized deletion or disclosure, we will verify your request using three pieces of Personal Information that can be verified against data previously collected from you and in our systems.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf (your designated authorized agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- We will request your name, mailing address, and email address from you in order to complete the verification process. We will also request some additional information, such as: last four digits of your credit card, last item ordered, date of last order, total dollar charge of last order, last item you returned, name of person you have shipped to in the past, or a monogram you have placed on a recent order.
- When it is not possible to match three pieces of Personal Information, we may engage a third-party verification service to avoid fraudulent or malicious intent.
- We will only use personal information provided provide to us for this purpose to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
- When we are not able to verify your request, we must deny the request, but will communicate the reason for such denial to you.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note how we collected and used your personal information in the preceding 12 months:
If you’d like to make a Right to Know request, click here or contact us at 1-800-979-4288.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. You may make a Right to Know request up to twice in a 12-month period.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Right to Know request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
If you’d like to make a Right to Delete request, send us a direct email.
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
Impacts of deletion include:
- Your purchase history will no longer be accessible
- We will not be able to look up your transactions for returns, previous gifts, or repairs
- You will be required to provide a receipt for any future returns
Please note, we will continue to maintain limited information needed to comply with product recalls, fraud prevention, and other legal and business requirements.