By: KC Canlas
1. The Arashiyama Bamboo Forest is the most photographed forest in the world.
2. You can explore the bamboo forest riding a rickshaw. The rickshaw is manually carried/driven by a person, giving you an authentic Japanese experience.
3. The bamboo plants in the area can produce soothing music as they sway with the wind. As the soft wind blows, the bamboo creates soft tunes that mask the noise around.
4. There is a kimono forest a stone’s throw away from the bamboo forest.
5. You can also explore the forest while riding a train.
6. A particular species of bamboo is planted in the Bamboo Forest. It is called Moso Bamboo, which has a scientific name of Phyllostachys edulis.
7. There is a shrine in the middle of the forest. The Nonomiya Shrine is a tiny pocturesque shrine frequented by the Imperial Princess.